Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello All

Guess I'll be the first to introduce myself on this new BJP blog! I only quickly glanced at the list of participants so I don't know how many of us are returning BJPers. This will be my third year to participate. During the first year I made small wall quilts, about 8.5" x 11". While that was a lot of fun and very enlightening I found the format too large to be able to execute one a month along with all the other things I make regularly (quilts mostly). So last year I used a much smaller format, a diamond shape about 4" x 6". That worked much better in terms of getting the projects done quickly. An interesting thing happened though: at the beginning of the year I made six ornaments in about three months' time. Then I didn't touch my beads for a few months. Suddenly, in July, I was inspired to do another ornament (that's what I've been calling my diamond shapes). Then the beads sat again for several more months. Now, at the end of the year, I find I am motivated to complete my collection for the year. I only have two more to make and one of them is for this month, December.

My point is that, having read through the guidelines in Robin's very first post, I wanted to add that even though we're technically making one project a month sometimes we can end up making six all at once and then not doing any beading for what feels like a long time, and then we can come back to the project and add some more. When we bead is just as much a reflection of our lives as how or what we bead.

Magpie Sue
who blogs over at From the Magpie's Nest