Thursday, January 6, 2011

Okay, today I made up my mind!

And...my approach will be somewhat unorthodox at best. If you really knew me, that would not come as any surprise at all!
I thought long and hard, and the idea of a "journal" just didn't feel right for me. I don't journal first off, and can't usually find a post-it-note when I need one. Oh, I have journals, notebooks, memo pads...dozens of them! But, I can never remember which one I used for what!! So, having a "journal" of my beaded work seemed like a dust collector to me...and that really gave me pause to figure out what to do.
So, my journal will be different...not at all the same shape each month...although each will be stitched to the same size piece of felt. What I finally decided is that I wanted to bead objects that I could and would eventually really use. I always have tons of projects underway...embroidery, quilts, crazy quilts, jewelry...so what to do?? In the end...I will create a project each month...that I can incorporate into my crazy quilts by "releasing them" from their original felt journal page. And, they will follow a theme...but I'll keep that a secret for now. I will post about it on my blog...www.shawkl.com...after I take some photos first. But, if you want to check it out this weekend...perhaps the idea will inspire you too...if you are still on the fence!