Sunday, January 16, 2011

First piece done!

I have completed January!

BJP January 2011

You can read more about it at my quilting blog here. Very brief version: the grey/blue batik called to me, no doubt due to all the snowy weather we've been having, and I decided to play around with circles. When I was nearly finished, I realised that I'd created the "I saw three suns in the bright cold sky" song from Schubert's Winterreise cycle, something I spent a great deal of my teenage years singing. This is my first year doing the BJP and I am very much a novice beader with plenty more to learn, but I'm rather proud of how this came out, wonky beading lines and all.

ETA: I have now moved my quilting blog to Dreamwidth instead of Livejournal, so anyone who tried to access it before and was put off by the ads should be fine with the new link.